A small mobility scooter is sometimes more suitable than bulky versions. If you’d like to save money without sacrificing transportation needs, lightweight mobility scooters are the way to go.
Generally, a small mobility scooter is most beneficial indoors. They’re also easy to travel with as they either disassemble or fold.
Verified customers have purchased and reviewed the scooters listed below:
Small Mobility Scooter Options
(priced from lowest to highest)
|Small Mobility Scooter||Product Link||Price||Rating|
|Shoprider Echo 3 Wheel Scooter, Blue, 70 Pound||$595.09||4/5|
|Travel Pro Premium 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter by Pride||$599||4.5/5|
|Drive Medical Red Bobcat X3 3 Wheel Compact Transportable Scooter, Black||$649||3.5/5|
|Drive Medical Sfscout3 Spitfire Scout 3 Wheel Travel Power Scooter||$679||4.5/5|
|Drive Medical Sfscout4 Spitfire Scout 4 Wheel Travel Power Scooter||$699||4.5/5|
Some of the major mobility scooter suppliers include Drive Medical, Pride, Golden Technologies, Shoprider and EVRider.
Also, just a sidenote, when it comes to small mobility scooters, they are characterized by the following features:
- a seat,
- 3 or more wheels,
- a flat platform for feet
- and handlebars for turning the steering wheels.
Here’s a list of small mobility scooters for sale:
The Shoprider Echo 3-wheel scooter is among the highest rated small mobility scooter for sale. The Echo scooter is well designed to fit anybody therefore riding this model should be a breeze.
It's a low-weight scooter with a light frame making it suitable for a user on the move. The mobility scooter itself weighs 70 pounds and has a 250 pound weight limit.
When in the mood to travel, this scooter can be easily disassembled into 3 pieces making it easy to transport. Additionally, comfortability is enhanced with its adjustable seat that can fit any height.
- Maximum Weight Capacity : 250 lbs
- Maximum Speed : 4 MPH
- Range Per Charge : 8 Miles
- Total Weight of the Unit : 70 lbs
- Weight of Heaviest Part : 35 lbs
- Overall Dimensions ( LxWxH ) : 37" x 20" x 36"
- Turning Radius : 32"
- Anti - Tips Rear
- Automatic Electromagnetic Braking System
- Has light weight frame.
- An adjustable seat that enhances comfort.
- Eight mile range.
- Hard tires that are resistant to puncture.
- An inclusion of a storage basket.
- Comes with two batteries
- Battery life only 18 months.
- No key with this model so theft may be an issue.
An owner shouldn't have any issues maneuvering the Travel Pro mobility scooter. It has a decent amount of features and is relatively small.
Additionally, it's able to drive in places with many turning points with its sharp turning radius. Again, its design is the best in providing maneuverability.
One can drive smoothly with this scooter with a speed of up to 4 mph. It also covers a distance of 6.3 mile per charge.
Travelling is fairly easily as well. This small mobility scooter is light weight so can conveniently be disassembled and loaded onto a vehicle.
Among the highest reviewed small mobility scooters, its price is affordable compared to other models.
- Top Speed: 4.00 mph
- Turning Radius: 32.75"
- Drive Range: 6.30 miles
- Weight Capacity: 275.00 Lbs
- Heaviest Piece: 27.5 lbs.
- Ground Clearance: 2.50"
- Max Incline Rating: 8 °
- Disassembles: Yes
- Delta Tiller: No
- Seat Width: 17"
- Max Seat to Ground Height: 21"
- Max Seat to Deck Height: 17.25"
- Multiple Seating Options: No
- Power Elevating Seat: No
- Height Adjustable Seat: Yes
- High-Back Seat: No
- Flip-Back Armrests: Yes
- Wheel Type: Three Wheeled
- Front Wheel Size: 8"
- Rear Wheel Size: 8"
- Air-Filled (Pneumatic) Tires: No
- Overall Width: 19.5"
- Overall Length: 37"
- Transportable/Collapsible: Yes
- Foldable: No
- Battery Type: 12AH
- Batteries Included: Yes
- Battery Charger Type: Off Board
- Larger Battery Option: No
- Drive Type: Rear-Wheel Drive
- Suspension: No
- One-Hand Operation: No
- Basket Included: Yes
- Headlight: No
- Extended Base: No
- Weight Without Batteries: 73.50 lbs.
- Battery Pack Weight: 18.50 lbs.
- Charging Port Location: Battery Box
- High speed, long distance coverage.
- Effective forward and reverse control.
- It can be easily transported.
- Light weight and disassembles easily.
- It can easily maneuver hence suitable for travel.
- This scooter is comfortable with an adjustable seat.
- The platform for feet is small.
- Reviewers complained this scooter tips over easily.
This is a very light weight scooter therefore making it more portable than some competing models. The Drive Medical Red Bobcat can be easily disassembled to fit neatly in a car. Travelers will find that aspect beneficial.
Comfortability is enhanced by the adjustable armrest that is well designed for easy boarding and alighting.
Its throttle can be controlled painlessly to enhance the speed control of the scooter.
The seat is freely adjustable to fit any height of the user as well as improving comfortability.
Finally, the tires are flat free and non-marking and it comes with a front basket for storage.
- Ultra Lightweight for superior Portability
- Angle adjustable flip-up armrests for maximum comfort and convenient boarding and exiting
- Easy-to-adjust tiller angle places the scooter's controls in the ideal position. Ground Clearance: 2.5 inch, wheels: 8 x 2 inches Flat Free
- Height adjustable seat with fold down backrest and a large metal carry basket
- Flat-free, non marking tires and anti-tip wheels for worry-free travel
- Easy to disassemble for transportation.
- It is very light hence more portable.
- Adjustable armrest for more comfort.
- Has height adjustable seat.
- Carry basket for personal storage.
- Customers have complained the charge doesn’t hold.
- Replacement battery may be needed.
Drive Medical offers a 3 and 4-wheel small mobility scooter. Depending on your need for stability when it comes to a scooter, be aware the likelihood of tipping is greater on 3-wheel models.
Otherwise, the Drive Medical Spitfire Scout 3 is a great buy as it has many positive reviews from verified purchasers.
The seat can be elevated and the armrests extended for increased convenience. This makes it suitable for riders of various sizes. It can disassemble into five separate pieces thereby making it easier to travel with. And the battery can charge either connected or disconnected from the scooter.
- HCPCS: K0800
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs.
- Top Speed: 4.25 mph
- Maximum Range: 9 miles (12AH) | 15 miles (20AH)
- Turning Radius: 45.5"
- Climbing Angle: 6°
- Ground Clearance: 2.5"
- Dimensions: 42.5" (L) x 20.5" (W)
- Floor-to-Seat Height: 17" - 19"
- Seat Dimensions: 16.5" (W) x 16" (D)
- Controller: CTE 45A
- Motor: 24V x 270W x 4700 rpm
- Batteries (pair): 12V x 12AH, 12V x 20AH (EXT Model Only)
- Charger: 2A Offboard
- Brakes: Electromagnetic
- Front Wheels: 8" x 2" Flat-free
- Rear Wheels: 8" x 2" Flat-free
- Base Weight: 49 lbs.
- Battery Weight (pair): 20 lbs.
- Seat Weight: 16 lbs.
- Total Weight: 85 lbs.
- Heaviest Piece Weight (Front Section): 29 lbs.
- Warranty on Frame: Lifetime
- Warranty on Electronic Controller: 24 Months
- Warranty on Drive Train Components: 24 Months
- Warranty on Batteries: 12 Months
- Wheel Base Dimensions (L x W): 32.7" x 16.5"
- Easy to disassemble and assemble
- Solid tires; no refilling necessary
- Key operated scooter; prevents theft
- Anti-tip wheels
- Only 3 wheels so stability may be an issue
Among the most stylish small mobility scooters for sale is the Drive Medical Spitfire Scout 4 Travel Power. Enjoy the mobility with this type of scooter since it comes with a long lasing battery that is of 12AH.
The battery can last for about 9 miles continuous drive. This makes it suitable for long distance driving.
The scooter's battery can be easily removed for charging. Again, it comes with hard tires that leave no marks on the road. The wheels are also designed to be anti-tip. Its forward and reverse control is easy to operate. The seat is adjustable to fit any person height.
This type of scooter can easily be disassembled.
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: 300 lbs.
- TOP SPEED: 4.25 mph
- ESTIMATED RANGE: 9 miles (12AH), 15 miles (20AH)
- MAX. CLIMBING ANGLE: 6°
- TURNING RADIUS: 45.5” (3-Wheel), 53.75” (4-Wheel)
- GROUND CLEARANCE: 2.5”
- LENGTH: 42.5”
- WIDTH: 21.25”
- HEIGHT: 36”
- WIDTH 16.5”
- DEPTH 13.5”
- BACK HEIGHT 14”
- MOTOR: 270W x 4700RPM
- CONTROLLER: CTE 45A
- BATTERIES: 12AH or 20AH
- BATTERY CHARGER: 2A
- BRAKES: Electromagnetic
- FREEWHEEL MODE: YES
- FRONT WHEELS: 8” x 2”
- REAR WHEELS: 8” x 2”
- ANTI-TIP WHEELS: 2” x ¾”
- BASE WEIGHT: 49 lbs. (3-Wheel), 58 lbs. (4-Wheel)
- BATTERY WEIGHT (PAIR): 20 lbs. (12AH), 28 lbs. (20AH)
- SEAT WEIGHT: 16 lbs.
- HEAVIEST PIECE WEIGHT: Front Section: 29 lbs. (3-Wheel), 38 lbs. (4-Wheel)
- TOTAL WEIGHT: 85 lbs. (3-Wheel), 94 lbs. (4-Wheel)
- It comes with long lasting battery which is rechargeable.
- Flat free wheels that have no marks on the road.
- Easily controllable wheels.
- Battery can be removed for charging.
- Can be easily disassembled for transportation purposes.
- Some complained not suitable for outdoor use.
- Verified purchasors have received defective parts.
Be sure to come back or bookmark this page as more small mobility scooters become available.
These scooters are less expensive as a result of being in the market for quite awhile. When newer generation mobility scooters arrive, stores typically discount the older versions to clear out inventory.
Sometimes it’s better to purchase previous models to save on costs.
Verified purchasers from Amazon have posted high reviews on the products listed in this article.
Amazon offers more highly rated mobility scooters that you can purchase. View this selection below: