Nothing can be as annoying as getting held up in a traffic jam. Thankfully all this can be avoided by getting an electric scooter with seat for adults.
These environmentally friendly scooters will whiz past any traffic and get you to your destination in no time.
Of course, that’s not the main reason why anyone would want one of these electric scooters; it’s all about the fun in riding one!
While shopping for an electric scooter with seat for adults, one of your primary considerations should be battery capacity. Bigger battery capacity will mean more riding distance and up-time.
The second feature to look out for is rider weight; this is because different motors can output various levels of torque. As a result, they can only support the weight that the manufacturer has specified.
In line with this criterion, while also taking into consideration other factors, we have come up with a list of electric scooters with seat for adults.
Electric Scooter with Seat for Adults
Below is a list of electric scooters equipped with seats for commuting purposes.
Browse the selection below, view pros and cons and click for more information on pricing and other important details!
It has a sleek, unique design that comes in vintage orange, red and silver.
This is a great electric commuting scooter with three different driving modes:
1) Sports mode for high performance;
2) Touring Mode for those trying to get used to the scooter's driving capabilities; and,
3) Eco mode for greater distance on a single charge.
- Top Speed: 20 mph (32.3 kph)
- Range: 25 miles (40.2 km)
- Driving Mode: Sport Mode (High performance) Touring Mode (New rider orientation) Eco Mode (Range maximizing)
- Brakes & Tires: Powerful mechanical brakes and 4PR tubeless tires
- Battery Type: Removable Li-Ion battery pack
- Voltage: 48 VDC at max charge
- Charger Input Power: 110V AC, 5 amps
- Additional Charging Power: On-board patented charger with cord and plug
- Emissions: ZERO
- Motor Type: Brushless HyperGear hub motor
- Climbing Performance: Up to 18% grade
- Frame: Welded aluminum frame
- Suspension: Mono front shock and dual rear shocks
- Curb Weight: 65 lbs. (29.5 kg.)
- Carrying Capacity: 300 lbs.
- Wheelbase: 45 inches (1143 mm)
- Touch Screen Display The touchscreen monitor controls speed modes, the LED headlight, and the audio system. It also provides information on trip time, mileage, and battery life along with notifications for incoming calls and riding-related data.
- Bluetooth Speakers: Dual waterproof speakers for enhanced audio
- Security: Motion-activated alarm. Wireless key fob
- Fast scooter with seat.
- Good with hills.
- 3 different driving modes.
- High price tag.
Another highly reviewed electric scooter with seat for adults comes from URB-E based in Pasadena, California.
This model is popular as it meets the needs of a variety of people (those with MS, senior citizens, overweight etc).
Be warned that the price is a tad high compared to other models, yet it is 100% made in America.
The top speed this folding electric scooter can reach is 17 mph. And fully charged, it can travel up to 20 miles.
The total amount this unit weighs is 35 lbs.
- 100% American-made, designed and built in Pasadena, California
- 20 mile range, a top speed of 17 mph and weighs only 35 lbs.
- Awesome torque and comfort with upgraded 10” pneumatic tires and rear mounted 350-watt motor
- Us produced sapa extruded aircraft grade aluminum makes the frame incredibly lightweight and durable
- The URB-E is patented and each vehicle has a unique serial number and comes with a 1 year warranty
- 28.5 x 19 x 37 inches ; 35 pounds
- One year warranty is included.
- Aircraft grade aluminum makes it extremely lightweight.
- Comfortable seating.
- Charge your smartphone via USB port.
- Reported to be not great on hills.
You also get to enjoy a smoother ride thanks to the fork suspension system. The steel deck is made of high-tension steel which is not only durable but can also withstand significant shocks.
So whether you're going to class or commuting to work, this electric scooter with seat for adults could be a decent buy.
- Motor: 750 watt alloy DC Earth Magnet motor
- Battery: EV-rated SLA type; Plug & Play Design 24 volt pack; 2 12-volt; valve regulated, rechargeable
- Charge System: UL Listed Currie Smart Charger with LED status display
- Controller: Exclusive Currie PWM Smart Power microprocessor; 24-volt fully-potted with relay protection and battery gauge
- Top Speed: Up to 15 miles per hour (rider weight and terrain contingent)
- Range: Up to 12 miles per hour (rider weight and terrain contingent)
- Drive: Chain drive; patented Currie Electro Drive system
- Brakes: Front disc brake with power modulator and alloy brake inhibit lever
- Wheels: Currie Exclusive 5-spoke alloy wide mag wheels
- Tires: Currie Street Slick tires with Tuff-Tire technology, 12.5-inch with elastomer subtread that reduces chance of going flat
- Handlebars: Exclusive Currie folding design; lay forward bars
- Forks: Front suspensions with over-steering limit
- User Controls: Power on/off switch; easy access charger port in frame console
- Deck: Non-Slip ABS resin with in-mold graphics and brand logo badge
- Frame: Heavy-duty, Hi-Ten steel with 1-piece steel tooled battery box and over-sized head tube
- Seat Kit: Easy on/off seat kit included
- Weight: 60 pounds
- Rider Age: Ages 13 and up
- Maximum Weight: 260 pounds
- A power modulator allows for smoother braking.
- A PWM microprocessor ensures smooth uninterrupted rides.
- Balancing on the scooter is rather hard.
This electric scooter with seat for adults has been discounted and is now on sale. The Challenger Mobility X Electric Scooter can travel up to 18 mph with its 750 watt electric motor.
It can also travel up to 20 miles on a single charge which is a fairly good distance for electric scooters.
You have the option to sit or stand with this scooter and you can adjust the height tiller to a comfortable level. This product comes with a standard seat, however, you can upgrade to a foldable seat if desired.
The maximum weight limit for this scooter is 300 lbs. The reviews have been mostly positive, as well.
The batteries will top up after 12 hours of charging and last up to 40 minutes of constant riding.
- Powerful 750 watt wheel motor
- Dual front shock absorbers
- 18 mph top speed and 300 lbs. weight limit
- Stand up or sit down riding positions - adjustable height tiller
- Standard seat, helmet and charger included (folding seat optional $180)
- 36 x 22 x 48 inches ; 195 pounds
- Simplified design and fast.
- Front basket for convenient storage.
- Easy to use controls.
- Acceleration may be too fast for some
The EW-36 Recreational Electric Scooter sports a 500 watt brushless motor that can sustain a 45 mile distance on a single charge. The top speed is 18 mph.
When it comes to finding the perfect electric scooter with seat for adults, it's important to look for other features you feel are best suited.
For extra comfort, this electric scooter also is equipped with armrests, an XL vinyl cover for extra protection when the scooter is not in use. A cup holder comes with this model as well.
- CHALLENGER MOBILITY TM - XL Vinyl Cover, Armrest Bag & Cup Holder are included
- Transaxle differential brushless motor - 500 Watt
- BATTERIES: 48 volt lead acid maintenance free battery Included
- SPEED: Up to 18mph - Weight Capacity: 350 lbs. - DISTANCE: Up to 45 miles per charge
- EW-36 Red color Recreational Scooter is one of the fastest mobility scooters on the market.
- Equipped with a dial for more control on speed.
- 16″ front and rear tires with shock absorbers.
- Sturdy and reliable based on customer reviews.
- Charging battery takes awhile.
The Super Turbo 1000 is designed to conquer, and that’s what it does when it comes to street rides. The scooter has a stainless steel chassis that is strong enough to withstand rider weight of up to 200 pounds.
To smoothen out the trip the bike has dual rear shocks as well as increased tire size. Turbo 1000 also futures deep cell lead batteries that are capable of storing enough power to keep the scooter going for more than 35 minutes continuously.
When you need to apply the break all you need is a slight tap on them to bring the scooter to slow down thanks to the larger disc brakes.
As far as electric scooter with seat for adults go, the speed for this model is attractive at 18 to 27 mph.
- Motor: 3000 RPM Super Turbo, 1000-Watt Motor
- Battery: 36V, 12AH Lead battery with deep cell for a longer run time with a 6 to 8-hour charge time
- Weight: Supports up 266 lbs
- Wheels: 14” big tires offer a much more stable, comfortable, and safer ride than normal 10” wheels
- Design: The steering set is foldable for easy carrying or storage. And the removable Seat allows for sitting or standing while driving
- Variable speed levels allowing you to travel at your leisure.
- Increased stability thanks to the increased tire size.
- Has a small storage bag to hold your stuff while you are riding.
- The bike is slightly pricey compared to other scooters within its performance range.
The UBERSCOOT 1000w Electric Scooter packs a 1000 Watt brushless motor. This will be more than capable of generating the required torque to get you where you want.
To provide power, the scooter has three batteries with 12V/ 12AH system (36 volts total). The foldable design allows you to fold up the seat and steering column thus saving space.
This scooter is equipped with an economy mode button which will reduce power consumption. In terms of distance per charge, the scooter has a range of 10 miles.
- Cutting through the clutter of cheap scooters, comes the superior range of UberScoot Powerboards, formerly Evo Powerboards from Puzey Design.
- Through state-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques, the new generation of Powerboards have taken a technological leap and are loaded with innovative features that make all other brands of scooters seem obsolete.
- Product Size: Length 44in, Height 42in
- Quick release function on the seat allows you to remove it quickly.
- Posi lock function and foldable design allows you to stow the scooter in the boot securely.
- There were some complaints about the brake pads wearing out too fast.
The Triax Sports Foldable Scooter is a culmination of comfort and agility.
The scooter features a 35 miles range at 12 mph that will be more than enough to get you around.
The build is also surprisingly lightweight at only 55 lbs; this makes it easy to transport.
Another distinctive feature of the Triaxe Sport is the front wheel drive system. This ensures that the rides are comfortable and safe.
- Speeds Up to 12 mph / Key Lock
- 35 Mile Range on a Single Charge / 33″ turning radius
- 350lb Weight Capacity
- Collapses Flat for Storage / Airline-friendly / Comes with free travel bag
- Optional Travel Battery / Optional 18″ seat
- Lightweight and foldable thus saving space and also reducing luggage size.
- The 13 inch seat that will be comfortable for an adult.
- Takes about a minute to fully unfold the scooter which can be rather costly especially when in a hurry.
The TopMate ES31 is an electric scooter with seat suitable for teens and adults. It’s top speed is about 12.4 mph for a distance of up to 18.6 miles. There are three different speed settings that you can adjust for convenience (7.5 mph and 3.7 mph).
The battery itself takes just 3 hours to be fully charged.
This unit is foldable as well so is a great electric scooter with seat to travel with.
- Recharge mileage: 35 kilometers
- Max. Speed: 20 km / h
- Charging time: 3.5h
- Net weight: 13.6 kg
- Max. Load: 100 kg
- Deployment Size: L85 * W42 * H86
- Double Size: L34 * W42 * H88
- Carton size: 47 * 36 * 90
- Shaft Motor: 250W Brushless Motor, Rotation 1300rpm speed,
- free inflatable tires
- Controller: dual mode brushless controller
- Start mode: Turn right at the start
- Braking mode: drum brakes (front wheel)
- Braking distance: 5M
- Rise capacity: 10 °
- Front wheel size: 8 inches
- Size of the rear wheel: 6.22 inches
- Battery type: 18650 lithium battery
- Battery weight: 1.6 kg
- Battery life: 3-5 years
- Loading and unloading cycle: more than 600 times
Use this product in a legal area in accordance with local laws.
- Lightweight at only 25.3 lbs and foldable.
- Large deck suitable for teens and adults.
- Seat and handlebar are adjustable.
- Assembly is required up arrival.
This foldable electric scooter comes in two colors (black or white), and can travel a max speed of 20 mph.
It’s a 36 volt 350 watt electric scooter that’s equipped with a key ignition for greater security. The total weight capacity is 215 lbs.
It takes about 4 to 5 hours for it to be fully charged. Once charge, it can travel up to 15 – 20 miles depending on the weigh of the rider.
- Motor:350W BrushlessHub Motor
- Battery:36v8ah lithium battery
- Charge Time:4-5H
- Range per charge: 15-20 Miles (weight dependant)
- Max Speed:20MPH (weight dependant)
- Climbing Ability: 10 Degrees
- Seat: foldable & removable
- Handlebar: foldable
- Brake: Front & Rear Disc brake
- Shipping Weight: 58 lbs
- Box Size: 49*11*26inch
- Foldable electric scooter.
- Fast speed; good for commuting.
- Large 12″ pneumatic tires.
- Scooter is heavier than other models at 47 lbs.
The highlight of this electric scooter with seat for adults from Razor is how eco-friendly it is. Not only does it not produce any carbon emissions, the deck is also made with renewable bamboo.
With the silent electric motor, noise is reduced to a minimal. This allows you to quietly commute across the city eliminating your carbon footprint.
A rear luggage carrier is detachable and a basket comes with the EcoSmart Metro Green Scooter from Razor.
- Speeds up to 18 miles per hour
- Comfortable padded seat
- Twist grip acceleration control
- Hand operated rear brakes
- Detachable luggage carrier with basket included
- Top speed is 18 mph.
- Comfortable seating.
- Heavier than similar models.
This 3 wheel electric scooter with seat for adults has a speed up to 18 mph. The speed of the E-wheels EW-21 Chopper Trike would differ according to the terrain and weight of the rider. It has a stylish extended bicycle seat type and a capacity for 2 riders.
The power capacity and consumption is Electric 60 volts and 1000 Watts. The scooter has one 60v 12 AH Lithium Ion Battery. If you are looking for a scooter with robust battery then this could be the one, you are looking for.
- Weight Capacity: 400 lbs.
- Speed: Up to 18mph (speed varies on terrain, riders weight, road surface, etc.)
- Distance: 30 miles per charge (distance varies on terrain, riders weight, road surface, etc.)
- Front Seat Type: Extended Bicycle Style Seat, 2 Rider Capacity
- Front seat Size: 24” x 8” x 7.5” (LxWxH)
- Front Seat: 27” from ground
- Steering Height: 42” from Ground
- Power: Electric 60 volts
- Watts: 1000 Watt
- Motor Type: Brushless Transaxle
- Amps: 12 AH
- Volts: 60 Volts
- Dimensions: 71” x 37” x 42” (LxWxH)
- Forward/Reverse Switch: Yes
- High/Med/Low Speed Control Switch: Yes
- Floor Clearance: 5”
- Batteries: (1) 60v 12 AH Lithium Ion Battery
- Front tire size: 18.5” x 9.5”
- Rear tire size: 18.5” x 9.5”
- Charger: 60 volt Smart Charger Included
- Throttle Type: Variable Twist Throttle
- Key Start: Yes
- Braking System: Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Drive System: Electric Hub Motor 60volt 800watt
- Headlight: LED Headlight
- Carton Size: 80” x 48” x 54” – Product is shipped FULLY assembled
- Scooter Weight: 170 lbs
- Battery Indicator: Yes
- Front Suspension: N/A
- Rear Suspension: Yes
- Reflectors: Yes (Rear Fender)
- Special Features: Bluetooth Speaker
- Warranty: Limited – 3 Year Warranty
- Designed for all skill levels
- 2 seater capacity
- Bluetooth speakers attached
- Doesn’t come with attached baskets
- No speedometer