Top 6 List – Best Electric Scooter for Adults
When it comes to finding the best electric scooter for adults, researching is necessary.
Electric scooters specifically designed for adults provide for an alternative (and fun) way to commute.
They are not just enjoyed by kids, but adults love them as they can be portable, eco-friendly and joy to drive.
However, finding the best electric scooter can be a bit confusing as they’re available in a wide range of sizes, shapes and brands.
Brief descriptions of some of the best electric scooters for adults are provided here to help you in selecting the scooter that fits you perfectly.
>>View Best Electric Scooter with Seat for Adults Here!<<
Best Electric Scooter for Adults List
|Best Electric Scooter for Adults||Product Link||Price||Rating|
This electric scooter includes 6.6 Ah lithium ion 36v battery which takes 3.25 hours to recharge fully. Its quiet, brushless, chainless and gearless 250 watt motor from Nameplate gives it up to 600 watt at peak.
There are over a dozen customer photos of the Glion Dolly electric scooter on Amazon in the review section.
The design is patented with self vertical standing feature. An electronic, anti-lock brake in the rear hub is free from maintenance. The Glion Dolly Electric Scooter can travel up to 15 miles with a single charge at the maximum speed of 15 mph.
- Maximum Rider Weight: 255 lbs/115 kg
- Speed: 15 mph/25Kmh
- Range Per Charge: 15 miles/25 km
- Motor: 250W (Peak 600 w) brushless electric hub motor
- Battery: SONY Lithium Ion 36V, 6.6 ah
- Battery charge time: 2 hrs 75%, 3.5 hrs 100%
- Battery cycle life: 1000+ cycles (3-5 years)
- Frame: 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum alloy (powder coated)
- Tires: 8-inch honeycomb never-flat tires
- Ultra-portable: Patented Vertical Self-Standing Dolly Feature
- Folding: 1 second foot actuated folding/unfolding
- Size Folded: 36x16x8 inches/92x20x30 cm
- Additional Features: headlight, rear reflector and pedestrian bell. Scooter cover sold separately.
- 6.6ah Lithium Ion premium 36V, Battery.
- 3.25 hrs recharge time.
- 250 Watt quiet gearless and brushless motor from Nameplate.
- Airless rubber tires with Military Honeycomb Technology.
- Vertical self standing patented design.
- Maintenance free rear electronic anti-lock brake.
- Maximum speed 15 mph and maximum run 15 miles per charge.
- Material used to hold the bell is not good.
- Back wheel tends to kick it upwards when driving through mud, dirt or water.
The GXL Commuting Electric Scooter for adults includes 8.5” air of gas filled tires for smooth ride in the streets of the city. Its top speed is up to 15.5 mph due to its powerful 250 watt motor.
It's another highly reviewed electric scooter for adults that has been reduced in price. You can purchase this electric scooter in three different colors (black, blue or white).
The 36V battery can support it up to 12.5 miles after charging it fully in 4 hours. It provides safe ride as it is certified by UL. The frame can be folded down and locked to make it easier to store it when not in use.
- Size: 40 inches by 15 inches by 8 inches
- Product Weight: 30 lbs
- Tire-Width: 8.5 inches (pneumatic)
- Capacity: 220lbs max
- Recharge time: 4-5 hours
- Battery: 36V Lithium-ION
- Motor: 250 watt
- Color: Black/Blue/White
- Foldable: Yes
- UL2271 Certified: Yes
- Travels up to 12.5 miles in one recharge
- UL2271 CERTIFIED
- Frame folds down and locks for easy storage
- Throttle is variably touchy
- Electric brake is less powerful
An extremely fast scooter (advertised to 40 mph), the Nanrobot D5 contains two 1,000 watt motors along with a detachable seat to fit your desired riding preference.
The battery takes 3 hours to charge and has a range of 50 miles. The Nanrobot D5 is also equipped with shock absorbers, 10" pneumatic tires and front/rear braking systems.
NANROBOT High Speed Adult Powerful Electric Scooter
- Model: D5+
- Max Load: 150 kg/330 lb
- Max speed: 40MPH
- Max Climbing Ability: 30°
- Charge Time: 3 hours
- Product Dimensions: 49*45*10 inches
- Item Weight: 70 lb
- Material: Aluminum frame
- Color: black
- Battery: lithium battery
- Very fast speed (40 mph).
- 50 mile range.
- Reasonably quick recharge time (3 hours).
- Rear frame sways sideways due to weight of the battery.
- Steering, rear lower frame and seat post are weak.
Another hugely popular electric scooter for adults by Razor comes the E300. It can reach a top speed of 15 mph and can be used for 40 minutes after each charge.
It's built for those ages 13 and up, and a lot less expensive than some high-end models. So if you'd like to save on costs for a scooter to commute between classes or work, this is a good option.
The motor is chain driven and provide high torque when driving. The acceleration works by twisting the handles and with an extra-large deck/frame. Individuals 8 and up can enjoy this model.
- Speed: Up to 15 mph (19 km/h)
- Run Time: Up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Motor: 250-watt, high-torque, chain-driven
- Handlebar: Height 25” (647 mm), width 16″(420 mm)
- Throttle: Twist-grip
- Brake: Hand-operated, rear
- Frame/Fork: Steel
- Grips: Soft, rubber
- Deck: Full-size – length 26.2″ (666 mm), width 8″ (204 mm)
- Tires: 9” (229 mm) pneumatic
- Kickstand: Retractable
- Battery: 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid, rechargeable
- Includes: Battery charger
- E300S: Seat post and padded seat easily remove for stand-up riding
- Age: 13+
- Max Rider Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)Product Dimensions: 40” x 16.5” x 42.5” (1015 mm x 420 mm x 1080 mm)
- Weight: 19.5 lb (43 kg)
- Motor is very quiet.
- Tires are fairly large for an improved riding experience.
- Rides well on dirt, gravel and pavement.
- Some customers have complained about receiving defective units.
- Not foldable.
The Ninebot Segway ES 2 Kick Scooter can travel up to 15 mph. It also has LED rear and front lighting for safe evening commuting.
You can download the Ninebot app and view diagnostics related to your scooter. Some include battery life, remaining mileage, average speed and total mileage. You can also view the temperature of the scooters mainframe.
The app that accompanies this model makes this a real contender for being the best electric scooter for adults.
- Weight: 28 lbs (12.5 kg)
- Size (Unfolded): 40" x 17" x 45" (102 cm × 43 cm × 113 cm)
- Size (Folded): 45" x 17" x 16" (113 cm x 43 cm x 40 cm)
- Max Speed: 15.5 mph (25 km/h)
- Range: 15.5 miles (25 km) - Depends on riding style and terrain
- Lightweight and foldable.
- Has a cruise mode feature after holding down accelerator more than 5 seconds.
- Only takes 4 hours to charge.
- Customers complain about low quality issues (screws coming loose; parts breaking easily).
This scooter comes with a sturdy carbon fiber frame that can hold 250 lbs. The carbon fiber frame is lightweight making it easy to transport when not driving.
The Swagger Adult Electric Scooter also comes with a 250 watt motor. Also, a smart battery management system actively monitors your battery's status (overheating, over charging, etc).
- Scooter Weight: 27.5 lbs / 12.5 KG
- Dimensions: 41.7x17x19.3 in / 106x43x49 cm (folded), 41.5x17x44.3 in / 106x43x112.5 cm (unfolded)
- Materials: Aluminum Alloy, Tubeless Rubber Tires
- Brakes: Disc Brakes
- Motor: 250W Front Hub Motor
- Riding Modes: 3 Gears, Cruise Control
- Connectivity: iOS and Android App
- Speed: 18 mph / 29 km/h
- Mile Range: 11 mi / 17.7 km
- Climbing Capacity: 20˚
- Charge Time: ≤ 3.5 hours
- Accessories: Bell, Headlight, Phone Mount, Kickstand
- Light frame and fast speed (18 mph).
- Bluetooth connectivity (iOS/Android).
- Can climb 20˚ inclines.
- Can go 11 miles on a single charge.
- Some reviewers have had issues with tires (misaligned, flat).
The Dolly by Glion is the best electric scooter for adults according to reviewers who’ve purchased the model. Feel free to comment below if you’ve found the best electric scooter for adults and would like to share your experience.